You depend on your HVAC system to keep your home cool during the summer and warm during the winter months. Unfortunately, HVAC maintenance can frequently be overlooked. The last thing you want is for your HVAC system to break down when you need it the most.
At Unique Indoor Comfort, we provide expert HVAC maintenance service to the Greater Chicago area. Forty years of experience has made us the premier go-to HVAC maintenance and repair service company in Chicago and nearby suburbs. We have worked hard to establish our reputation and customer trust. Here are the main reasons why HVAC maintenance is importance:
You can improve the efficiency of your HVAC system by scheduling regular maintenance services. Here is what you can do to keeping your HVAC system working at the most efficient level:
- The air filters should be changed regularly.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Your ducts can fill up with dust and other pollutants. Have your HVAC ducts professionally inspected and cleaned once a year.
- Our professional technician can provide you with an energy audit to evaluate your HVAC’s efficiency.
Better Indoor Air Quality Maintenance
The indoor air quality in your home may not be as pristine as you think. There are plenty of allergen triggers in your house, and these can be made worse by a poorly maintained HVAC system.
Your HVAC system works hard for you year-round. That is why it is important to schedule regular maintenance with one of our trained technicians to keep it dirt and debris-free and to ensure that all components are in top working order. If dirt builds up in your system, it forces your HVAC to work harder and less efficiently. Don’t comprise your health or peace of mind with poor indoor air quality. One of our technicians is just a phone call away.
Lower Your Utility Bill
Proper and regular HVAC service can save you hundreds of dollars a year. Here are some smart ways to keep more of your money:
- Install a new thermostat in your home. Old-fashioned thermostats simply turn on and off. With a new upgraded home thermostat, you can program it with the times you want your HVAC system on and at what temperature. This means your HVAC won’t be running for hours while you are away, and you still come home to a comfortable house. Some of these new thermostats can even “think” for you and turn on when they sense the oven is in use and heating up your house. If you forget to turn your HVAC system off when leaving, a programmable thermostat senses an empty house and will turn off on its own.
- Window coverage can increase the efficiency of your HVAC system and save you money. Opening the drapes in the winter to let the sun in will keep your HVAC system from having to work overtime. Close those same drapes during the summer to keep the heat out of your home.
Increase the Lifespan of your System
There will come a time when you will want to invest in a new HVAC system. But a well-maintained system should last you approximately 15 years. Here is how to ensure your HVAC systems keeps working for many years to come:
- Scheduling an annual HVAC maintenance check will prevent problems from occurring. Change your air filters regularly, and your HVAC system will last longer and work better.
- Do not neglect your ducts. They can accumulate with debris, mold, and other foreign material unless cleaned professionally at least once a year. Such a cleaning will also improve your home’s air quality.
- Add insulation to your attic to prevent your HVAC system from having to work too hard. This will save energy and lead to a longer life span.
- A programmable thermostat will save you money and will increase the life of your HVAC system. The less work it has to do, the longer your system will last to serve your needs.
The changing of the seasons can put considerable stress on your HVAC system as it continuously adapts its functions. Here are some tips to ensure less stress for you and your HVAC:
- It bears repeating – cleaning your HVAC’s filters will make a huge difference in how well the system functions. Schedule these cleanings on your calendar to remind you.
- Keep your home well-ventilated. Your outdoors ducts should be cleared of any grass or plants. Use a hose for a thorough outdoor cleaning. Inside your house, don’t allow anything to block the air grills. You want the air to flow easily and without effort. If your HVAC system has any leaks, use foil tape to keep your system from wasting energy.
- Your outside HVAC coils can easily accumulate dirt, debris, and unwanted vegetation. Make sure the coils are cleaned when you use a hose on the outside of your HVAC system.
Save Money with Warranties
An HVAC maintenance warranty won’t eliminate all problems with your HVAC system, but it can provide a quicker response time when you need it. Since regular maintenance will prevent most problems from occurring in the first place, it will save you money in the long run. Here is why you should consider investing in a maintenance warranty:
- You will be covered for routine check-ups to your system. This saves you both money and ensures greater efficiency for your HVAC system.
- Your warranty may include a discount on the cost of new HVAC parts.
- Emergencies happen, and at Unique Indoor Comfort, we provide 24/7 service. During harsh weather conditions (both hot and cold), you can count on priority scheduling. This will ensure that you and your family enjoy a comfortable home in the quickest time possible.
With 40 years of experience, you can rely on Unique Indoor Comfort to handle your heating and air conditioning problems in the Greater Chicago Area. Our reputation has been built through quality service you can trust.
All our trained technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured. We are committed to providing you’re the best service, including green equipment to protect the environment.
Call us at 847-359-5100 for a free estimate and enjoy that Unique Indoor Comfort experience.